Thursday, January 02, 2014

Two for Two

It’s day two of 2014 and I’m writing my second blog entry.  I’m on a roll!  Maybe people will start reading again.  To answer dkzody’s question, I go back to work on Monday.  I can only dream about three weeks off at Christmas!  Some of the schools back in the Panhandle went back today.  They get out at the end of May, however.  I think I’d rather have my full week of Thanksgiving and two weeks of Christmas.  We only go until the end of the first week in June.  I work another week beyond that and then I’m off for the summer.

Matt and I are hopefully going to get married in July so that only leaves me about a month to really get all the final touches done.  I’m not really doing any planning right now until we can get the date officially set.  We are going to the marriage preparation seminar the weekend of January 18-19.  Hopefully we’ll have a date set shortly thereafter. 

I’ve run out of excuses for not getting active and start losing weight.  Today I took Mollie out for a walk.  She absolutely loved it.  She didn’t slow down hardly at all except when she needed to mark a few spots.  I think we walked about a mile.  I’m going to try to do this several times a week.  Walking outside was much better than the treadmill.  I might look into getting a bike at some point.  I was also good about eating today.  I’m going to try to listen to my body more and eat when I’m actually hungry and stop when I feel full.  Although we went to Chipotle for dinner, I only ate half my burrito and am saving the rest for tomorrow. 

We had Scrabble tonight.  I won two out of three games but got creamed in the second one.  The last one I barely pulled out the win.  I almost ran out of time on my clock, but managed to stay on top of it.  Matt just told me that only Greg (the guy who beat me) and I had a winning average tonight.  I guess that’s pretty good.   I had a really good game against Matt they other day.  We play against each other on our iPhones.  He usually beats me, but I beat him 530 to 332.  I’ve only had one other 500 point game before – also on my phone.  I’m still waiting to score 500 points during a regular game, however.  The dynamics are different when you can play phonies or have them played against you and you can’t cheat by looking up words. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, our schools, and the staff, have another week off. I am involved with an after-school club at an elementary school that meets on Tuesdays so I too have another week before returning to the routine.

As for eating at Chipotle, I am very funny. I only allow a small spoonful of fillings as I go through the line. The counter person is always so surprised at how little I want in a burrito. My husband, on the other hand, has his filled as is the usual. When we sit down to eat the two burritos are quite different looking.