Saturday, January 18, 2014

Marriage Prep Day 1

Well Matt and I got up at an ungodly hour to go to the marriage prep class.  We got there by 7:30 but it didn’t start until 8:00.  I figured we’d be the oldest couple there, but there were two others that were probably close to our age.  I was tired most of the day.  Overall the session was fine.  I don’t think Matt and I learned anything about each other that we didn’t already know.  We had to list two things that we disliked about each other.  Matt said that sometimes I’m pushy and stubborn.  No surprise there.  I said I didn’t agree with his time management and he can be uncommunicative.  For the most part we were on track with everything else covered.  When I decided to convert, I did a lot of reading about marriage and I actively pursued an annulment so that I would be free to marry should I ever find the right person.  Thankfully I found Matt.  I think that he and I compliment each other very well.  We are looking forward to planning the wedding and having a wonderful marriage. 

We have to go back tomorrow.  Luckily we now know that it won’t start until 8:00.    I’m going to take 1/2 a sleeping pill shortly so that hopefully I’ll get to bed earlier and won’t feel as tired.  I just have to wait until my clothes in the dryer are done. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that "uncommunicative" thing is pretty much a male trait. We've been married 39 years, and I still say that about Terry. Our daughter, on the other hand, says I talk everything to death.