Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Marriage Class Done

Matt and I finished out two day class on marriage formation this weekend.  Overall it was good.  We talked about some things that we didn’t give a lot of thought to before – like finances.  We had to write each other a love letter.  True to form, my letter to Matt was a page and a half.  His letter to me was about three sentences.  But that’s ok.  I know he’s not as verbose as I am.  It was great to sleep in yesterday.  Matt went to the movies with some friends of his.  After that, he played Scrabble.  I sat  around most of the day doing nothing and it was awesome.  I did get to the grocery.  I was surprised that I got paid last week so I figured I should go get groceries while I had the chance.  I got some lunch items for the week in addition to stuff to make tacos tomorrow.  I’ve discovered a new tasty dessert treat.  I bought some Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches that have cinnamon ice cream with oatmeal cookie toppers.  I just had one for dessert tonight and it is yummy. 

Matt wants to get a new dog.  I’ve been fighting it because I really don’t want more pets.  It’s more expensive, more to feed, more to deal with and they die at some point.  But I knew that Matt would probably get his way eventually.  So today a teacher at my school randomly came by the library to ask me if I wanted another dog.  She rescued a dog this weekend that she can’t keep because she already has too many pets.  It’s a smallish dog that is female with short hair.  She had her husband send a picture of it so I forwarded it to Matt to see if he was interested.  Of course he was.  So we will probably be getting a new dog this week.  No name yet – Matt will have to decide that.  I’ll post pictures if/when we get the dog. 

No comments: