Friday, June 13, 2008

Disappearing posts

I did make another post earlier this week but had issues with it and thought I'd save it and post it later but now it has disappeared. I know I've been slacking off, but I'm really keeping busy with the reunion stuff. I appreciate all those of you that have contributed ideas. Let them keep coming in. Here's a recap of the week:
Tuesday - Went to Hereford and had my lab work done (that was supposed be done in Dec.) I also picked up my MacBook and the tech guy didn't install Windows on it because so many others want it on their machines as well so we're going to have a "training session" where we'll do it all at once - not that I have a lot of extra time right now. I ordered a new battery for my Dell laptop since I decided to take it with me to Vegas instead of the MacBook.
Wednesday - Spent most of the day working on reunion stuff. Finished the picture game and some of the Bingo stuff. Went to the store and spent way too much money but got three pairs of shorts (one is actually a skort) and three new tops. Also got pet food for while I'm gone and some stuff for my dad as well.
Thursday - Scanned all the pictures that I've received for the reunion in spite of my scanner on the newish printer that doesn't seem to want to talk to my computer. I used Josh's old scanner/printer but couldn't scan higher than 300 dpi. Did some shopping yesterday. Bought an ink cartridge at Best Buy and then a shirt and tie for Josh to take to Nationals. (Can a guy have too many dress shirts and ties?) Then I met a friend for a drink (non-alcoholic) at Starbucks and visited for a while. After that I went to Kohl's and bought a pair of black capri pants and two tops. I should be high-stylin' in Vegas. (O.k. - I'm never really all that fashionable, but it will be nice to wear new clothes.) Then I met a different friend for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and had a margarita. I ordered my meal without beans and of course they didn't take them off. I ate around them, however.
Today - Printed a million maps for driving around Vegas. (No, I'm not planning on driving around the strip except possibly parking at the MGM Grand which can be accessed off strip.) Went to the bank and cashed the meal money check and got some extra cash. Charged my new laptop battery. (Woo hoo!) Now I'm sorting all my clothes to figure out how to pack for this trip without my luggage weighing over 5o pounds.
We leave tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. (flight leaves around 10:00) and will arrive in Vegas around lunch time. Not sure what our plans are. My kids never did get back to me about what shows they wanted to see so I guess we'll figure it out when we get down there. Well, I better get back to packing - it will probably take me the rest of the afternoon/evening to get it done.

3 comments:

Leann said...

I hope you have an awesome time and I'm SO bummed that I can't meet you. Hopefully another time!

Have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

Travel well.

Billy said...

Mamma Mia! Take a bunch of pictures. Hope you have a fantastic time! Have fun!!!!!