Monday, June 23, 2008

Like a machine

I've been sitting in front of the computer for about 20 hours now. No, not straight in a row, but I was up until 4:00 a.m. last night. I went to bed shortly thereafter and got up around 9:15 this morning and started working again. I'm slowly getting in the last few stragglers on the reunion book information. They have until midnight to get it in or they won't be included. Tomorrow will be spent all day piecing the book together. I've got to work on the extra "fun" stuff that I'm going to include in the book - like 80's trivia and stuff about the class... like naming the classmates who married someone within the class.
I also have an additional dilemma to worry about on top of all this reunion stuff. I was thinking of scrapping the idea of going to grad school. With my schedule next year, I'm not sure I could handle the work load and I hadn't heard anything regarding financial aid so I figured no big deal to scrap it. Well, I got my financial aid stuff in the mail while I was gone to Vegas. I can receive a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan along with a grant that would more than pay for the courses. Now I have to decide whether to accept the aid and start this fall or not. If I start, I have to see it through because you have to start paying back the loans as soon as you drop below the required number of hours or stop going. So do I take a deep breath and do it regardless of my schedule and just deal with it or do I risk waiting and then never seeing it through? Decisions to be made... but will have to hold for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough decision.
Does that regard your "librarian-thing" - I am sorry, I do not know how that sounds, I am simply not knowing the right words in this area. Or would that be an additional "thing"? I have not the slightest idea about the american school- and educational system.

ellesu said...

Wow. That is a tough one. Do you ever do the thing about actually sitting down and writing a list of pros and cons and see which list wins out? I confess I've never really done it, but I hear it works well.

Ask God and be open to hearing answers. That's another one I know works but I'm not so good at it either. I wish you clear-mindedness as you mull this over.

Billy said...

I figured I would come all the way back to where I left off. I've been so busy with work, I haven't had a chance to read. Looks like you have a big decision to make here. I am sure as I read farther along, the decision will be made.