Saturday, June 21, 2008

Do I sleep?

It's been a very long day but a very good one as well. We left around 9 this morning to go watch the final events. We did that until 5:15 this evening. We then went to the Venetian and had dinner before going to see Phantom. We were impatient about getting dinner as everything seemed to be very slow and we didn't want to miss anything. Thankfully we made it with a couple of minutes to spare. The show was AMAZING. I absolutely loved it. Afterwards we walked down to the Bellagio to watch the fountains. From there we went shopping at the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood. Then we made the long trek back to the Venetian. We didn't get back to the hotel until around 12:30 a.m. It is now 1:53 a.m. and we have to leave for the airport by 4:00 a.m. I am debating as to whether I should make an attempt at a couple hours of sleep or if I should just stay up and sleep on the plane. I'm tired, but I could probably get a second wind shortly. What to do? Well, I need to get off the computer and get it put away so I don't have to do much in terms of getting ready in a couple of hours. Ugh. Why did we decide on the early flight out?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason it seemed to be a good idea. Have a nice trip.

ellesu said...

I always book an early flight and then kick myself when the time comes. It seems like a good idea at the time. Hope you get some sleep on the plane. Your posts bring back memories of my trip to Las Vegas. We stayed at Treasure Island and from our window we could see the strip and the Bellagio fountains and something else -- I forget.... Is (or was) there some kind of *fire* that goes on and off?

Anonymous said...

On the other hand: Flying into the morning must be a great experience.

Terri said...

ellesu - the mirage has a volcano that "erupts" sending fire & water up in the air. That's probably what you saw.