Friday, October 31, 2008

Making Headway

Well, I finished the 9 journals I was working on and just posted them. I should go back and read through them for potential grammar issues and other errors, but at this point I really don't care. O.k. I do care, but I'm not going to do anything about it right now.

Tonight is senior night at the game so I've got to go in support of Josh. I will be on the field as the band plays and then after the opener, they will have a presentation where they will announce each senior and their parents. After that, the band plays the school song and then we will go back to the stands.

School is just crazy and I'm totally behind on grades. I can't believe I was dumb enough to take on yearbook this year. I don't know how I'm going to manage. I guess somehow I'll muddle through, but I'm going to have to make some big changes for next year. I'm not sure whether I can convince Marty to marry me and sweep me out of here, so I guess I should come up with a plan B -lol. First I'll look for potential library job openings. Worst case, I'll transfer the speech team stuff over to my assistant and just teach comm.app. classes and yearbook.

Thankfully there is no speech tournament this weekend. Tomorrow is the fallback festival and I've been asked to help with the drawing of names. Originally I was going to bar tend, but this job is probably better for me since I'm not very sociable. I think I do a pretty good job as bartender because I can make the drinks well and move pretty fast, but it doesn't really matter to me.

This weekend I have to get another paper done for my other class. This time it is spending $2000 on materials for a potential gap in my library. I'm going to be seeking materials related to music. I found a bunch from one source, but do need to use multiple sources so that is what I'll be focusing on Sunday afternoon in addition to writing up the paper itself. It is due on Tuesday. Next week I have to do three journal responses and get ready for my story time presentation about caterpillars which I'll do on my birthday (Nov. 10 in case you've forgotten) I don't know what Josh and I will do (again, we share the same birthday) but we'll probably at least go out to dinner.

Only TWO MORE WEEKS until I'm headed to Florida and see Marty. Wooooo Hooo!
Time to get ready to go to the game.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Hope you had fun at the game! Wow, a senior. So much to do as well as your other responsibilities. I honestly don't know how you do it girl.

I can't believe it's only two weeks till Floreeda....whoohooo!!!