Sunday, April 04, 2010

The damn paper is finished.

I don't why this paper was such a big deal. I liked the topic, but I just didn't get into it. I think perhaps I had too much information which was overwhelming. 20 sources of information is too much for a 10-15 page paper, but that is what the professor required. I actually started with a lot more, but pared some of it down. I didn't do much analysis in the paper, but it is what it is and there's nothing I can do about it.
I got up around 9:00 today and continued writing. I finished the bulk of the paper around 2:30 then sent it to Josh for editing. (He is amazing with grammar.) Then I worked on my reference list. He sent it back to me and I worked on a lot of edits until I had to get ready for church. I was supposed to be at rehearsal at 7:30 but I didn't even get in the shower until 7:10. I got to church by 8:00 and the service started at 8:30. I love the Easter Vigil service but it is incredibly long. We had to go through ALL seven readings with a song after each one of them. The service didn't end until 11:40 and I still hadn't uploaded the paper. I played two verses on the last song (instead of 4), then put up my clarinet and the ran out of the church. I drove home as quickly as possible and got here at 11:50. I madly typed the last few corrections (that I read while at church - bad me) and uploaded my paper at 11:57 p.m. Now it's done and I'm going to try not to think about it for a while. Of course tomorrow I have to work on yet another paper. Luckily it is written, but it will need some massive editing as well. I am really tired of school in general - my job, grad school, everything. I'm feeling totally stressed and could use a break. (Yeah, I know, I just had one during spring break.) Now, I'm having a snack since I didn't get to eat supper. I have to go to bed so I can get up for the Easter service tomorrow. Perhaps I should really learn to say "no" one of these days and not be at EVERY service.
O.k. I guess that is enough complaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUrray!
It's done and delivered.

It's a new year, new outlooks and possibilities - something has to change, and something will change. By the way - do not get me wrong, its is no criticism - you have no spring break, you work on: Break is "no papers" :)
Take care and slow a bit down, I think this saying "no" is a good idea ...

And Happy Easter!

~Vital~ said...

omg, and I freak out about writing five pages...you have my respect.