Tuesday, August 30, 2011

No cooking tonight

I worked a long, hard day so when I finally got out of the school after 5:00, I decided that I wouldn’t be cooking dinner.  I stopped at Sonic and got a cheeseburger, tator tots, and diet cherry limeade.  It was really good.  I’ve been eating at home ever since Josh left, but I really didn’t have the energy to cook tonight.  Today was simply exhausting and I’m not sure there’s an end in sight.  I have a catch-22 of sorts.  I need to get stuff out of the textbook room so that I can store the excess textbooks. But then I don’t have enough boxes to pack up the stuff that I have to get rid of.  I spent most of the day packing up boxes and boxes of books with the few boxes I’ve been able to hoard.  I’ll be doing that the rest of the week. 

Tonight I’m sitting on the back patio again waiting for Mollie to go pee.  She is such a stubborn little dog.  I don’t know how to get her to figure out that when I bring her outside before bed that it is time to pee.  I’m trying to reward her with special treats and attention, but she hasn’t gotten the idea yet.  So now I’m just waiting.  And waiting. 

I’m getting more tan living here.  Well – reddish – tan I guess.  Even though I don’t just sit in the sun, I’m outside enough that I’ve been getting some sun.  I do wear sunscreen on my face, but I don’t think about spraying it for my short jaunts outside.

Lucy almost went over the fence tonight.  I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to confine her to the back yard.  It’s getting more difficult.  I’ve seen several other cats roaming the neighborhood so I guess it’s relatively safe, but I worry about Lucy since she isn’t familiar with the area yet. 

I can’t believe that I’ve lived in San Antonio for almost a month now and I have yet to get to Fiesta Texas and ride rollercoasters.  There are two of my top ten all-time favorites at that park.  I’m going to have to get there soon.  Luckily, it is open most weekends for a while.

Well, I guess this is enough of an update for today.  I’m trying to get back in the habit of blogging regularly, even if there isn’t much to share.  I appreciate the recent comments from Patti, Jamie, Andrew, Mago, Leann, and Jan.

3 comments:

Patti said...

You definitely MUST get to the roller coasters! :)

Anonymous said...

The reddish is only a station on your way to a lasting tan. I think you earlier mentioned a kind of conversation with the head of the school, it seemingly did not take place?
Do you regret the steüp you took, the move and all?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the daily things, I'm happy the move went well and you like your new job.

jan