Friday, August 26, 2011

Survived the first week

Well, I’ve been a librarian for a week now.  Actually a little more than a week since I started on the 10th, but I guess I shouldn’t get too technical.  I still love it.  Granted I haven’t had classes in yet, but I love just staying busy with a variety of things.  Mostly I’m focusing on textbooks this week.  I’ve also continued to sort at clean out stuff.  I would like to be able to process the books I have, but haven’t gotten those instructions yet.  I made 8 trips upstairs delivering books and equipment today.  Perhaps I’ll lose a little weight with all of this. 

After school today I went out to eat and drink with some of the teachers.  It was pretty fun, but I felt a little bit old.  I was by far the oldest one there.  The oldest of the group of 10 or was only 33.  One of the teachers was only 22 – just a year or so older than Josh.  But it was nice to get to know some of the other staff. 

I still enjoy living here.  The house is great, though I still have yet to be completely unpacked.  But I enjoy coming home and sitting on my new couch, having a beer, and watching t.v.  I also enjoy driving up to downtown and seeing the skyline. 

Josh called today to ask how my first week went.  Isn’t he a nice son?  School starts for him on Monday.  He may be going to Tasmania next year sometime for an exchange program. 

I’m going to call it a night.  Have lots to do tomorrow, but am going to enjoy sleeping in.  I hope all my blog friends on the east coast are doing ok.  Take care and take cover if necessary.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am happy that things are going so well for you - and you are making new friends! It can be so hard to be the new kid on the block. Any single, awesome male type teachers in view?

Happy weekend, friend. :)