Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another relatively lazy Sunday

I stayed up late reading last night and didn’t go to bed until after 1:00 a.m.  I slept in until about 8:00 and finished reading around 10:00.  I then took a shower and headed to Walmart for dog food and a few other necessities.  I then picked up some Long John Silver’s for lunch and ate.  I don’t know if was all the carbs but it knocked me out and I took a nap around noon.  I woke up when I heard my cell phone ringing.  It was my sister.  She needed my brother’s cell phone number.  She also said that she might try to go to Vegas when Josh and I go during Thanksgiving.  Josh has been wanting to go to Vegas after he turns 21 ever since he was 10 years old.  I don’t know that he really wants to gamble much, but it’s the whole idea of the experience, I think.  He originally planned to go with friends in December, but I guess they are all broke, so he called me up a few weeks ago and asked if we had plans for Thanksgiving.  I said not that I know of, and he asked if we could go to Vegas and split the cost.  I told him probably.  The only issue is finding someone to take care of my animals while I’m going.  I may be able to get my ex-husband to do it – if he is around that week.  Max lived with us when we were married – in fact it was Richard that brought him home, so I think he would like to spend time with him.  So now we’re planning the trip.  I think I’ll use some of my Southwest miles to pay for the flight.  I think we’re going to stay at Bally’s because the rate is fairly cheap and it is in the middle of the strip.  I think I’ve stayed in a different motel every time I’ve been to Vegas and I’m not sure how many times I’ve been now.  I’ve been often enough that I know to always wear comfortable shoes because you walk a lot. 

I’m watching another Monk marathon and I actually saw an episode I hadn’t seen before.  It is probably from the last season that I missed a lot of while in grad school.  I still need to do some laundry but right now I’m enjoying a glass of wine.  I guess I’ll get to it eventually.  It’s just been a nice lazy day without much going on. 

No comments: