Sunday, September 04, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow

I have company coming over tomorrow.  Marty and Brent are coming over and I’m cooking fettucine alfredo and stromboli for them.  I went to the store this morning to get all the stuff for it.  I’ve found that shopping on a Sunday morning is the best time to go.  No waiting in lines and certainly not as crowded.  I have the bread dough in a bag rising right now.  I’ll probably try to get it ready tonight and put it in the fridge for tomorrow.  Marty is coming around noon and I think we’re going to go look at shelves.  If I find something I want, we will have his truck to haul it back in. 

Surprisingly Marty was flirting with me last night.  He mentioned being lonely and I asked him if he was talking to me out of loneliness or if he actually missed me.  He told me that he actually missed me.  That’s an interesting development.  Now I don’t want my long time readers to worry that I will foolishly put any stock in that or jump into a relationship with him.  First of all, I’m completely leery about his ability to handle a relationship at all and I’m not willing to put myself in the line of fire again.  Having said that, however, I certainly wouldn’t mind something along the lines of friends who hold hands or kiss from time to time.  We just have this history and friendship that keeps us together.  But Marty has a long way to go before he should consider dating anyone again. 

In another interesting twist, I had a guy on eharmony initiate communication with me and we’ve been emailing.  My subscription ran out a few weeks ago, but it’s a free communication weekend so I was able to respond.  I don’t know what he looks like since I can’t see his picture without being a full member but he seems nice enough.  Unfortunately, he has a very large red flag that I don’t think I will be able to get past.  He has been married three times.  For me that is a signal to run away as fast as I can.  I can understand making a marriage mistake once – after all, I did.  Twice, something may be wrong with the person.  Three times, something is absolutely wrong with the person.  Some people should just not marry – like my ex-husband.  But I may continue to communicate with him, but pretty certain it won’t go anywhere. 

Haven’t heard from Matthew in a few days now – but I’ve learned that is just how he is.  A text from him will pop up again in a few days.  He may come to visit in October – but won’t plan on it until he buys and airplane ticket. 

As much as I’ve thought forever that I wanted to be in a relationship, I’m at a point where I’m ok with not being in a relationship.  As long as I have some social opportunities, I’m relatively happy.  It’s not to say that I don’t want to be in a relationship, but I’m not in any rush to pursue something.  I am enjoying living on my own again in this new city.  I’ve discovered that I don’t even mind house cleaning.  I’ve been able to keep my house clean since I’ve moved in.  It’s amazing what one can accomplish when not going to speech tournaments and such every weekend. 

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Like I said before, you sound happy. Isn't life a wonderful thing? Each and every day--the opportunity for a miracle, excitement, something completely awesome. EACH and every day. LOVE IT.

Have fun today. Hugs. :)

Patti said...

Ah, contentment ... what a wonderful thing. :)

Andrew said...

I am so disappointed. I was so hoping for your cashew chicken! Although Stromboli sounds interesting and I bet you cook it fantastically.