Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Coasting

Well, I'm on vacation and having a great time. Weather so far has been cooperative...hang on..let me knock on some wood.
I still HATE driving in Chicago. Have I mentioned that before?
First day.. long day of driving from Canyon to St. Louis, but uneventful which is a good thing. Made it in 11.5 hrs including stops.
Friday went to Six Flags St. Louis. Perhaps set a new record by riding all coasters in under 3 hours. Got the six that I needed and left the park with 93 coasters under my belt. (though I don't generally wear belts)
Drove to Chicago (Joliet) after that and then headed to the mall. Found out that my typical internet service that I'ved used for work isn't working so I decided to try to do a trial internet service so I could connect while on the trip. Sounds easier than it is. Won't go into details, but I haven't been able to connect for the last several days and I'm having withdrawal symptoms.
Went to the Field Museum on Saturday, then went to Six Flags Great America and got the 4 coasters there that I needed.
Drove to South Bend that night.
Next morning, drove to Sandusky, registered for the con and headed to the park. Rode 2 coasters that I needed to make my number 99, but I have yet to ride Top Thrill Dragster. Ride broke down on Sunday evening, wasn't running yesterday (though they were testing it some) and this morning they were going to be filming a National Geographic special on it. So we decided to sleep in this morning. (Which would have been great except for the children in the room above me which were having a marathon of running all over the room.
Since I had to get up, I decided to give it another shot connecting to the internet and voila.. success so far!
Today we're going to watch the coaster video contest and then I'm going to attempt to ride TTD (Top Thrill Dragster), then I can ride the other coasters that I haven't ridden yet. (There are 3)
We may go to the water park tomorrow and the banquet is tomorrow night.
I'd write more, but have got to hop in the shower and go get some lunch.

2 comments:

PEG said...

Sounds like a good trip so far. Glad you're having a good time, sorry you've had such a pain getting online. Keep in touch and keep me in mind.

You missed the big storm last night.

Annabel said...

Yes it's great! Got my 100th Coaster today. I'm glad I missed the storm. I would have been quite nervous about it.