Wednesday, June 23, 2004

My 100th Coaster

Well, I finally did it. Rode my 100th coaster. Here's the link if you want to check it out... Top Thrill Dragster
It was a great coaster as my 100th being the tallest and fastest. It was a bit intimidating, but still really fun. The scary part is after you go over the top and come straight down at 90 degrees then do a twist before coming back into the station. The entire ride is about 20 seconds and it goes by fast!
I was able to ride two more coasters after that so now my count is 102. By the end of the trip I'll probably be around 125 or more.
Today's plans are sketchy. We've already spent 3 days at the park and are getting really tired of all the walking. (But I know it's good for me!) Today we have to go to Walmart and get some dress clothes for the banquet (didn't realize it was to be dressy or I would have brought clothes with me) then we might go play goofy golf and just take it easy today. I also have to go buy the new Janet Evanovich book since I didn't get to buy it yesterday.
Josh has now ridden a total of 24 coasters which is amazing for a kid that keeps saying he doesn't like them. He has a bit of an irrational fear about them in that he keeps saying he doesn't like negative G's, yet he likes to ride the inverted coasters which have some negative G's and he won't trust me when I tell him that he'll like certain other coasters. But I'm trying not to push it too much. I tried bribing him into riding Millennium Force by telling him I'd buy him the keyboard he wants, and it was a no go. I did buy him a Raptor shirt since it's another coaster he likes. Of course I got a TTD shirt and picture.
Well, off to get going on the day.

No comments: