Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I've been stood up

Ok, this should both upset and lift Patrick a bit.
I had a lunch date of sorts today. A guy I met online many months ago that I've been talking to from time to time has asked me out on a couple of occasions and I've politely turned him down. Today, I decided to just go ahead and meet him.
Through our discussions, I had noticed a few red flags which meant that he's really not my type, nor would I want to entertain an idea of dating him, but I decided to be nice and hold full judgment until meeting him in person.
Let me preface this by saying, this is the second opportunity I've given him to meet. The first, we hadn't actually set up a place or time, but was supposed to see him online... well many hours passed and it turned out that his mother had fallen and he had to go to the hospital...at least that's what he told me then. So, I'm giving the guy another chance. He starts out being a little wishy-washy over meeting somewhere etc, telling me to call him when I was ready. I made him commit to a place and time which turned out to be Olive Garden at 1:30. I arrived around 1:35 (a little fashionably late) and I waited for him to show up. Patiently I sat as the minutes ticked by. He had given me his phone number in an IM and I'm fairly certain I remembered it, though I didn't write it down. I tried calling him around 1:50 and all I got was a voice mail message and it didn't even say his name, so I wasn't actually sure it was him. He had my number as I had given it to him online as well.. in case something came up once again. Well, my phone never rang. At about 2:00 I gave up, and had lunch on my own. It's a good thing that I don't have a complex about that. I've eaten dinner on my own on many occasions and I don't have a problem with it. Still it's a bit irksome to be stood up. I've had dates rescheduled or run late, but I do believe this is he first case of actually being stood up. I just figure it's his loss and this confirms my decision that he is NOT one I could fancy.

No comments: