Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm in LOVE

I knew that would get your attention. No, I haven't met the man of my dreams yet, but I did my laptop today! It came a day early. I have spent the last couple of hours loading software and getting things set up the way I want. I installed my Microsoft suite, downloaded firefox as my browser and thunderbird as my email client. I also have my printer hooked up and some of my other software. I am wondering if perhaps I should have gone with a bigger hard drive. Although it is supposed to be 40 GB, it is really only 32.5 (I think that's after windows being installed or something.) After I got my software installed, I am down to about 24 GB. Granted, I have no files on here at the moment, but I could easily fill it up I think. I think there's some extra junk on here that I can delete, however. I'm not going to worry about it at the moment. I plan to hook up my old computer in my extra room and I'll get the necessary files I need from there and just keep it as a backup computer. So far everything is working well and obviously the internet is working just fine.
I haven't accomplished much during my break so far. I haven't even really slept in. This morning I was wide awake by 7:30 although I didn't get out of bed until shortly after 8:00. I have done a little cleaning here and there, just nothing very deep yet. I mostly cleaned my desk area today in preparation for my laptop. I think I'm just going to take things slowly and hope by the end of the week I will have a clean house and laundry done.

No comments: