Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A little progress

I made myself get up and start cleaning today. You will be amazed, but I actually took down my Christmas tree. I think it's a record for me. Usually it's down by February at least. But I did take it down and clean my living room today. I also cleaned around my desk and have a nice clean workspace now. Not that I am going to do any "work", but at least it's clean. I've also gotten a good start on my kitchen. I hope to have both rooms really clean by this evening.
Is this the most boring blog post or what? I have nothing exciting to share except for my efforts of cleaning. Oh, I did also buy stamps online. That way I don't have to leave the house at all this week. Well, I do have to go to store sometime and buy paper towels and dishwashing tabs.

Let's see if we can find something more interesting to write about. I talked to some guy last night that commented on my converting to the Catholic Church and then proceeded to tell me that he wasn't Christian himself, but has his own kind of "religion". I guess he wanted me to comment on that fact, but I didn't really have anything to say about it. So what? I know lots of people that aren't "religious" or Christian, but it doesn't mean I have to tell them they are missing out or are wrong or anything of that sort. Religious affiliation is something personal for everyone and it's not my place to make a point about someone else's beliefs. I may not agree, but I am not going to make a big deal about something like that online with a stranger online. Somehow we started talking about the difference between agnostic and athiest and he somehow made the conclusion that all scientists are athiests. I am not sure what he was thinking. But the conversation ended quickly as he makes a "joke" about his sex life or lack thereof. You know at one time I probably would have just said lol or commented about it, but now it kind of bugs me. It's not that I haven't talked about sex with people online... but you have to understand that those were people I knew well and developed a friendship with and it's not something I do these days. It's not something that is in the forefront of my thoughts as it once was.

I still keep getting random IM's where some guy asks if I want to see him nude on his webcam. Is that all that is out there? I guess with the internet being so very accessible these days, it's filled with a bunch of perverts. That's one reason I stopped meeting people online. You never know who you're really talking to and people tend to be less than honest about themselves. The only exceptions for me would be in meeting some of my blogging friends. I would be o.k. with meeting people like Summer or Jonathon because I think after the time I've spent reading their blogs, exchanging emails and chatting that I have a pretty good idea the kind of people they are. And that's after a couple of years now.

I have another guy online that wants to call me. He lives in San Antonio and I chatted with him online sometime last year when I had joined a Catholic dating service. All of a sudden he has popped up again and started chatting with me. I am not sure why, but really, what's the point in calling? I am not going to get involved with someone that far away and once again, it's the whole online thing. Tell me, am I just too cynical these days?

2 comments:

Summer said...

Not cynical. Smart. And... OMG the tree is down! Sorry, it just makes me laugh because I still have Christmas guest towels in the powder room. Oh who cares?

Andrew said...

Oh, I am going to miss the continuing saga of the christmas tree! That sounds exactly like something I would do as well. And about chatting online, you DO have to be careful so I don't think you are too cynical at all.