Monday, March 13, 2006

Short Lived Popularity

Yesterday was a busy day. I went to mass at 11:15 then went to Walmart afterwards. I got home around 1:30 and had an hour to get ready for my Rite of Continuing Conversion. Wouldn't you know it that at 2:00 I got 4 instant messages. One from my ex-husband, one from Marty, one from my friend John, and another from some guy in Amarillo. Just when I think Marty has written me off he pops up and says hello. The conversation isn't anything to write about really. I did tell him that I had gotten over him though. I was talking about how the Church has helped me and told him that it helped me to get over him. I said it was difficult and it took almost a year, but I finally got to a point where I accepted things and am learning patience. He didn't respond to that statement, but that's o.k. I don't know what his thoughts are, but it really doesn't matter. I am the one that had to move on.
My ex-husband wanted a recipe that I used to cook for him when we were married. I scanned it and sent it to him. My friend John told me that he bought his wife an ipod. And the other guy was rambling about something. I wasn't really paying that much attention. But as always, my popularity is short lived. I had to cut my conversation with Marty short and am certain it will probably be another two months before I hear from him again.
I went to the Cathedral in Amarillo for the ceremony and it was nice. The Bishop normally performs the rite, but he was out of town. We had another priest that did it and he made it very personal. He talked about everyone individually in his homily and then blessed each one of us individually as well. Only another month until I am confirmed. After the service I went to dinner with my sponsor. It was a pretty good day.
I have been working on an announcement to send to friends and family. I did some playing in photoshop. You can check out my works in progress if you're interested. I haven't decided which design I like or which verse I will use for the front.
Today I didn't really sleep in. I was awake shortly after 7:00 a.m., but made myself stay in bed and try to sleep in. I gave up shortly after 8:30. I should have made more progress today, but I spent most of it on the computer, though I did load and start the dishwasher. I do have plans to get a lot done this week, but I haven't done a lot today.
I am anxiously awaiting my new laptop. It should be here on Wednesday. I got my Microsoft software in the mail today so I'll be ready to go as soon as it gets here. And that's all the excitement in my world these days.

No comments: