Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moving forward

I'm fine. And I actually mean that when I say it. But I truly appreciate the kind comments and Summer's post. I haven't cried and I'm not mulling over the loss. It's instinct for me to question myself after a break up even though logically I know that I really didn't do anything wrong. It's just the idea of rejection that hurts. But even that will pass soon and I know this. I will drench myself in so much busy-ness for a while that I won't really have time to think about it. I've already started the process in fact.

I spent about 8 hours yesterday applying for the job in Albuquerque that interests me. Why so long? Well the online application took me about 2 1/2 hours to completely fill out. Then I had to attach a resume, cover letter, and writing sample. I had to find my last resume that was burned to a back up CD so I could update it. That took a while. The writing sample was easy - I just attached one of the papers I wrote for graduate school last semester. The cover letter was the hardest for me. I am not a very concise person and I really didn't know what I wanted to say. I mumbled through it for a few hours last night and finally submitted something around 11 p.m. I also attached instructions for them to view my online course and materials that I've done. I have absolutely no idea if I am even remotely qualified for the position and if I be considered at all, but I feel good about taking the chance.

Well, I was going to write more but my cousin just called and I'm meeting them for lunch in Amarillo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Guten Appetit!" That's what you wish people for eating, have no idea how to translate.
Hope you efforts for Albuquerque lead to a good result. Send my application online - they had no formal "system", it's just a small "city" here, and they are proud to offer the possibility that one can send an email and pdf-attachments - and "the letter" was the most difficult part (I have not too much testimonies to sent over).

My best wishes for you, hope all the work you put in will lead to the position you want to have!

Leann said...

Good luck on the possibility!

Time heals all wounds.

Terri said...

glad you had a restful spring break, sorry it didn't quite work out as you had hoped, but all things happen for a reason. Wishing you the best in both job and relationship opportunities!