Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break!

I have several updates so I'll try to make them brief.

1. I had a very bad day Wednesday when I found out that I was turning in my student trip request for our UIL district tournament in late and that the principal would not sign it. I had to appeal to the superintendent who then visited with the principal about it. I didn't sleep much that night but thankfully the next day was told we could go. I originally thought I was turning in the trip request on time but I forgot that spring break didn't count. I got a verbal reprimand from my principal but he said he wasn't mad at me but I needed to make sure I met the deadlines. He didn't put anything in my file about it so it was a great relief.

2. Had my second mammogram yesterday along with a sonogram. Turns out that everything is fine. I just have a cyst that isn't a big deal. That's a relief.

3. Josh got accepted into the music composition program at SFA so that's where he'll be going to college in the fall. Now it's a matter of figuring out how to pay for it. I wasn't sure if he would make it because during our visit on Monday we were told that there were 8 applicants for the program and they were only accepting three students. On Wednesday we got word that he was accepted so now it's a matter of getting scholarships. He did audition but we may not hear about a music scholarship until April. He's been applying for other scholarships here and there but we haven't heard anything yet. It's the hurry up and wait game right now.

4. I left my car for my brother to fix while gone to Houston/Nacogdoches but it turned out to be something other than what he thought. It's somewhat fixed but still has some issues. It has an oil leak and it still shudders a bit when I brake. I really want to get a new car but I'm not sure if I can afford it. I don't know if I should just keep pouring money in my 10 year old car or bite the bullet and get something brand new. What I really want is a new Toyota Prius. I wonder if it would be a good time to buy right now with the current state of the economy. My bank's loan rate is 5.3% right now. I don't have issues about buying new cars like some people do because I keep them forever. My Honda is now 10 years old which is what Josh drives and my hand-me-down Nissan Maxima that I just paid off with my dad is also 10 years old. But we're going to lose Josh's SSI in May so I have to keep that in mind. But then again, I could potentially pay off one of my loans (especially if I just sell my current car) and then the money I save in gas might allow me to afford the payments.... just have to wait and see.

5. I'm in the process of doing laundry and getting ready to pack for my trip to Key West. I'm going to see Marty but I'm kind of having weird thoughts about our relationship. I'm sure things will be fine when I get there and we'll have a lovely time together, but as soon as I leave it will go back to a state where I have no idea where he is emotionally. Most of the time I feel like I'm more of a secondary thought to him and that he cares more about his video game characters than he does for me. I didn't talk to him for almost a week and he never once made the effort to call me. I have some thinking to do about all of this. Not sure what I want any more.

6. I really want a library job next year. Or maybe I just really want out of the classroom. Or both. I'm cautiously looking. I would almost be willing to move if I thought I could sell my house. But that is really a far-fetched idea at the moment. There's nothing open in the immediate area right now but I'm going to keep searching.

7. It snowed here yesterday but nothing accumulated. There were some huge flakes coming down for a while but today it is supposed to get up to 54. What is it about snow during spring break?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number two is a great relief! Thank God. I hate that illness. Good. that was that.

Wasn't here for some time, will read and fall on your nerves :)

Anonymous said...

I am applying for a library job right now. Have no idea whether they will will even consider me, I have no formal education in this matter, and it is not "only" library, but a lot of other things and areas are involved, things I can do and manage. Nice little town in the area. Just a dream I guess.