Friday, March 27, 2009

Snow Day

I can't believe it, but school was actually canceled today. I got a call from my principal at 6:00 this morning. The snow hasn't been too bad here but I-40 was closed in both directions. The northern part got hit worse than we did. I had to call all the other sponsors and all my students to let them know the competition for tomorrow has been canceled as well. It's still snowing here but the roads are ok in town. It's been so warm that the snow isn't sticking. I was feeling cooped up so I headed out to get some tea this afternoon. I made some fish sticks for dinner. (Friday during Lent) Now I'm trying to write my "Philosophy of Education." I'm applying for a library job and am trying to get the application finished today. Haven't heard anything about the job in Albuquerque but I really doubt that I'll even get a nod.
It's snowing again here. Tomorrow it's supposed to start clearing out. I guess since we didn't get much snow at all this year, it's making up for all of it at once! The whole panhandle has shut down it seems. It's just that time of year I guess. Two years ago during our UIL competition we had tornado warnings. Last year at Easter we had snow. I'm ready for spring to stay though!

No comments: