Saturday, April 02, 2011

Miss Me?

It’s that time of year again when everything is just getting crazy.  I still haven’t watched American Idol from last week so I don’t even know the results.  But let me try to catch you up on things.

Tuesday’s training at school was pointless.  I could see the cool things that could be done with the video equipment, but knew that the speech dept would never really get to use it.  I found out though, that the college that I was interviewing with was contacting my references so hopefully that was a good sign.  I went to town that evening to find a birthday present for Matthew since his birthday is Sunday.  I finally found what I was looking for.  I picked up a salad and baked potato for dinner from Wendy’s but discovered that my stomach still hadn’t completely settled.  I couldn’t sleep around 3:00 a.m. because I had lots of gas or something that kept me burping.  I got up and started folding laundry since I couldn’t sleep and at one point I felt sick and threw up again.  I didn’t feel bad – just that I couldn’t keep food down.  After that, things calmed down and I got maybe another hour or two of sleep.

Wednesday I drove to a small town about an hour and half away to judge a speech tournament since I would be getting paid for judging and for mileage.  It was a long day but I did get to visit with some fellow speech teachers so it wasn’t too bad.  I didn’t get home until almost 9:00 so I didn’t do much before going to bed.

Thursday I was back at school and trying to play catch up from being gone for two days.  I stayed after school and graded papers until 7:00.  When the school server shut down yet again, I took that as my cue to go home.  I got started on my presentation that I needed for my interview, but didn’t get it finished.  I had a rough written outline and figured I could piece it together at school on Friday.

Friday was mostly a blur.  I graded the story book projects that my English students did that morning and got my grades entered.  I worked on the powerpoint for my interview presentation at lunch and got most of it finished.  I completed it during 6th period and then I realized that it was almost time for me to leave for the interview.  I got my last class started and then headed for the interview. 

I thought overall the interview went fine.  I believed that I showed that I was confident.  I thought most of my answers were ok, though I of course in reflection I’m overanalyzing it.  I thought the presentation went pretty well.  The library director did say that I did well, but then again he may have said that to all the candidates.  So now it is just a wait and see.  They expect to make a decision this week. 

After the interview I headed to Matthew’s place and then we went to dinner at Applebees.  After that we headed to the civic center to watch the showcase of music which was very disappointing to me this year.  Usually it is a huge production with lots of small music ensembles along with the bigger groups like the bands and orchestra, but this year it was only the large groups that performed. 

After briefly stopping at Matthew’s place after the concert, I headed home and went straight to bed.  I enjoyed sleeping in this morning, but I do have a to-do list brewing.  I need to write thank-you letters to the people that interviewed me yesterday, do laundry, practice my clarinet, and catch up on grading some papers.

Tomorrow I’m going to spend the afternoon with Matthew celebrating his birthday.  Not sure of the plans just yet, but I do want to make him a cake.  Sorry for such a long post – but had to get caught up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, a bit. :)