Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another packing blog entry

I’m sure you’re tired of reading about packing.  I wish had more exciting things to share with you.  In a few weeks you’ll be reading all about the unpacking.  I spent the entire day packing and am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  It’s getting to the point where I’m having a hard time finding things to actually fill boxes.  What’s left are obnoxiously big items that you can’t really put in a box.  I’m trying to keep the boxes full which helps with being able to stack them.  I barely started on the the kitchen tonight but have decided perhaps it is bed time.  The hard part will be getting ready for the garage sale.  I didn’t even put an ad in the paper, but I think I’ll get enough traffic without advertising much.  If I put a sign at the corner, I’m sure I’ll get quite a bit of traffic.  And by not putting an ad in the paper, I should be able to avoid those annoying early birds that come an hour before the scheduled start time while you’re still trying to get things set up. 

A few of my friends are actually wanting to plan some get-togethers before I leave town.  That is really nice of them.  We are having a speech teacher “meeting” this Thursday at a local Mexican restaurant.  Next week I’m meeting with friends from church at a local coffee house.  I’m also going to have dinner with Michael at some point.  I talked to him on the phone last night and told him that I was going to rent the house to my cousin.  I think he was relieved to some degree.  I don’t think he really wanted to move again – though he would probably have enjoyed living here with much more space than he currently has. 

No comments: