Monday, July 25, 2011

What’s there to tell?

Can you guess what I’ve been doing most of this weekend?  If you guessed packing, you’re right.  Sorry – no prizes unless you want one of the lovely items that’s up for grabs in my upcoming garage sale.  On Sunday my brother came by with his truck and we went up to my old school to get a bunch of boxes and stuff.  We brought it back here and unloaded it.  I did some more packing and stuff and realized that I forgot to leave an elevator key that I borrowed.  So I went back up to the school and ended up staying about 3 hours finishing up with more packing and sorting of stuff.  I filled my car again with stuff and headed home.  I went to the church picnic for a burger and hotdog and visited with people there for about an hour.  Then I came back and did more packing and started organizing files on the hard drive that I still have from the school.  I need to back up all my files so I’m trying to get it organized before doing so.  I stayed up until 1 a.m. doing that.  I went to bed shortly thereafter but couldn’t fall asleep.  I don’t know why.  I haven’t slept very well in general the last few weeks.  Stuff dealing with the move tends to pervade my thoughts at night and I can’t get my brain to shut down regardless of how tired my body is.

This morning I headed up to the school at 9:30 and turned in my exit interview form and visited with the principal.  He still said that he hated that I was leaving but that he understood.  I met with the teacher that is taking over yearbook and gave her all the equipment and stuff she needed and helped her move it to her room.  Then I also met with the other speech teacher and it was like Christmas for him.  He made three trips with a cart full of stuff.  I left around 12:30 and came home.  Then Josh and I went to the ATT store because he needed a new phone.  We put him on his own plan that he will pay for on his own.  I reduced my plan so I’m going save around $40 a month and will save even more once I get to San Antonio because I found out that I can get a teacher discount that will cut another 15% off my bill.  I’m trying to cut expenses where I can in order to afford the rent on the new house!  In spite of the packing that never ends, I’m really excited. 

I have most of my bedroom and bathroom packed now.  The house is still a mess, but I’m slowly making progress.  I think I will take something to help me sleep tonight and try for a fresh start tomorrow.  I think I will go see my doctor and get my ambien refilled.  It helps the most with my sleep issues without making me totally drowsy the next morning. 

1 comment:

Patti said...

Hang in there ... moving disrupts everything, including sleep. I'm really excited for you though - I love change! :)

Keep packing. You're probably closer to having it done than you think.