Friday, July 15, 2011

Trying to wake up

It was a late night for me.  I spent the day packing as usual.  I’m really making progress though it may not look like it.  I’m trying to fill boxes completely full and am getting to the point where it is difficult to find smaller things to fill certain spaces.  Problem is that I’m running out of room to store the packed boxes.  I can’t use the garage as I need to set up for the garage sale in there.  Can’t use the extra bedroom because my roommate is staying here for the second summer session.  To get through my house is like walking through a maze at the moment. 

I donned my Hermoine Granger costume yesterday and went to the movie theater with Josh and my friend Kirsten at 10 p.m. to get in line for the midnight show.  We were in line for an hour and a half before they let us in the theater.  Luckily we did get really good seats as we were in a good spot in line.  Kirsten and I sat in the middle of the second to last row from the top.  I think we were probably two of the oldest people in the audience.  It was mostly made up of teens and college students.  But they were pretty good once the movie started. 

I really enjoyed the movie.  Sure the studio took liberties that weren’t completely true to the book, but I thought it was pretty well done.  Of course I cried – but that was to be expected. 

Today will be a busy day.  I’m meeting a fellow speech teacher at the credit union so she can give me a check to reimburse me for what I paid for the nationals t-shirts.  Then I need to get a check that pretty much clears my savings so I can take it with me to San Antonio and open up an account there.  Then I’m going to lunch with my old theatre friends.  After that I will probably go get my oil changed and tires rotated.  Then I’m having dinner with my friend Carol tonight.  After that I’ll do more packing and start sorting garage sale stuff.  I’m not sure how I’m going to get everything done in the next three weeks, but I guess I’ll manage somehow. 

I guess I need to get up and going though I’d really like to sleep for another hour or two.

No comments: