Sunday, July 17, 2011

Back in San Antonio

I intended to get up earlier this morning but since I stayed up so late I slept in a little bit.  I got up a little before 8 and hit the road by 9:00.  I got into SA around 4:45 and checked into my hotel.  I then went through my rental housing list and made a plan for doing some drive bys.  I checked out several properties in the NE area and found 2 or 3 that were acceptable.  Problem with the NE area is that it would be a bit of a drive to school every day assuming I get the middle school position.  I have an interview at the middle school tomorrow afternoon so we’ll see how that goes.  After checking out the NE area, I was really starving.  I hadn’t eaten anything since stopping at Burger King for breakfast this morning.  So I headed south and stopped at Whataburger.  I then checked out some places centrally located in SA and ruled those out immediately.  I then found the middle school and checked a few more places.  One I didn’t even turn down the street because I was already scared driving down another street to get to it.  It had gang writing all over the place and was very scary. 

I did find a place closer to school than the NE areas that I really liked.  The community is new and very nice and clean.  I’ve emailed a request for a showing, but will call tomorrow as well and see if I can get in.  It looks like it is empty.  I have a few more to check out tomorrow as well.  I also have to open a bank account.  I cleared out my savings and have a cashier’s check to deposit so that if/when I do choose a place to live, I can make all the deposits and such. 

It’s hard to believe that I will be calling this place home in just a few weeks.  It’s all happening really fast.  I don’t know how I’ll get it all done, but I’m sure I will somehow.  It’s late and I should get to bed.  It’s going to be a busy day tomorrow.

No comments: