Saturday, August 04, 2012

Company Induced Cleaning

There’s nothing like the potential for having company to get me to clean my house.  My friend Brent from Austin texted me yesterday and said he was thinking about coming down today and staying until tomorrow.  So yesterday I got the guest room ready by changing the bedding.  Today I cleaned the kitchen (though I haven’t mopped) and I’m thinking about running the vacuum soon.  Luckily, I don’t let my house get to an unbearable state these days.  I generally keep it picked up where it doesn’t take a lot to get it presentable.  But I’m looking forward to my friend visiting if he is able to do so.  He told me yesterday that it is just “penciled” in for now. 

In house hunting news, the house that I put an offer on dropped in price by $7500.  If they had come back at that price when I made my offer the first time, we would be under contract now.  So I’m going to look at more houses on Monday but if I don’t find anything, I may resubmit my offer on the other house.  It confirms that I was right to not accept their counter offer the first time. 

Well, I think I’m going to scrounge up some lunch and then do a little more cleaning. 

No comments: