Friday, August 31, 2012

Still Alive, Just Tired

I survived the first week back to school.  I keep working and working in my library, but things only seem to get worse.  I know I’m making progress, but I hope it moves a little faster when I get back next week.  I found a cool program online today that will track your time as you do things.  I started tracking what I do during the day and I think it will be interesting to report on it later.

On the good news front, I finally got word that the air conditioning in the house will be fixed before I move in.  I told the lender to get the appraisal and I’ve had to submit several other things for my paperwork but hopefully that is taken care of except for the bank statement that should come soon with it being the end of the month.  If everything goes well, I should close on the 18th.  Of course in my infinite wisdom and the fact that I’m a total overachiever, I signed up to present a session at the Library Round Up at our education service center on the 21st.  I don’t think it will be too involved, but it’s one more thing to add to my to-do list.  I also got word today that I have to get ready for testing in my lab coming up in two weeks AND I have to spend $5000 by September 20.  My library is still a complete mess, but I guess I’ll somehow get everything done. 

Now I’m waiting for Matt to come over so we can go to Johnny Carinos for dinner.  I got a $10 coupon in the mail the other day so I thought it would be good to use it tonight.  I really need to start packing and cleaning this weekend.  The 18th will be here before I know it and I will want to get moved as soon as I can. 

Josh called me yesterday to tell me how his classes are going.  He seems to be enjoying everything.  He’s taking a literature class that focus on horror stories that he seems to really like.  He likes living on his own in his apartment as well. 

Well, I think I’ll snooze or rest a bit before Matt gets here.  It has been a very long day.

No comments: