Sunday, August 12, 2012

I got the house!

I found out on Friday mid morning that Fannie Mae finally gave me a counter on the house.  I offered $139,000 and asked for $4450 in closing.  They responded with the $139,000 but only $4000 in closing.  I thought that was a good deal so I accepted the offer.  Matt and I had intended to go to Albuquerque on Thursday but couldn’t since we hadn’t heard on the house.  So then we made tentative plans to just go to Dallas for the weekend.  Once the offer came in on Friday we decided to try to go ahead and go to Albuquerque.  The problem was that I needed to get my earnest money as a cashier’s check and potentially sing a paper.  The other issue was that I may have needed to sign other paperwork by Monday.  After going through several rounds with my realtor who went several rounds with the seller’s office, it was determined that we could work around it if necessary.  So now we are in Albuquerque. 

We left on Friday afternoon after dropping off the check and signing a form at the realtor’s office.  We stopped for dinner in Fort Stockton and then stopped for the night in Roswell, NM.  No, we didn’t see any aliens or UFOs unless you count those in the windows of businesses along main street.  When we got to Roswell, we had to stop at a DWI checkpoint.  They looked at Matt’s license and insurance and then sent us on our way.  We went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant last night and met my sister and her husband and my uncle’s daughter.  The food was really good, but I only ate half of it.  I’ll have the rest for dinner tonight. 

Today Matt and I went to a Catholic church in town and then met my aunt and uncle at the Chili’s where my sister works for lunch.  After that we went to Kohl’s.  I got a few things and bought Matt his first pair of jeans.  Can you believe that?  He has never worn jeans – except he said he might have had one pair when he was a kid.  My aunt bought me a top and a purse and I bought a couple of tops and a pair of pants.  Matt even bought another pair of black jeans, a few more shirts and another pair of shorts. 

Now we are back at my aunt and uncle’s place and will probably just take it easy tonight.  We might also play some scrabble tag-teaming against Matt.  We will head back tomorrow.  I just got an email today stating that there was a back to school library orientation on Tuesday, but I don’t know if I’ll make it.  I may have to sign paperwork on the house that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's fantastic!
jan

patti said...

Congratulations :)