Sunday, August 19, 2012

Starting Fresh

I’ve been buying a few new things for my house.  A few weeks ago, I bought a new quilt and pillow shams for my bed.  With the extra Kohl’s cash I got from it, I went back the next week and got the matching throw pillow and some sheets.  I’ve been using the same comforter that I got when I married my ex husband.  It’s still a nice comforter, but I think it’s time for change. 

Josh is moving back to college next week and I’m going to give him my dishes that I got when I married as well.  I just think it is time to start fresh with my own stuff.  After all, when you’re a college student, you’re supposed to start with hand me downs and I think it’s time I had something different.  I’m going to buy a new dining table as well.  I haven’t looked for one yet, but my current table is one of the last hand-me-downs that I still have. 

I didn’t do a lot of cleaning yesterday.  I just did some dishes and cleaned the kitchen so Josh could make supper last night.  I taught him to make cashew chicken which turned out great.  He has been wanting to learn to cook so he can impress his friends.  He’s very excited about getting his own apartment. 

Well, I’m going to go find some lunch and then maybe start some packing. 

No comments: