Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Daily 3 - Jobs

I've been a librarian for 8 years now.  It's one of the best decisions I've ever made.  I actually enjoy my job and am looking forward to going back to work in a few weeks.  Today's daily three are other jobs I've had:

1.  Hostess at Denny's Restaurant - This was my very first job ever.  My sister was a waitress at this restaurant and suggested me for the hostess job.  I basically sat people dining in and ran the cash register.  I only worked the job for a few months - it was a summer gig after my first year in college.

2.  Snackbar Cashier at Walmart - This was my second official job that I worked briefly while in college.  I made sandwiches, popped popcorn, and sold various snack bar items.  I happened to get pregnant while I was employed there (no, not AT the store, just during that time period).  I had pretty bad morning (afternoon, and evening) sickness for several months and I don't think the smells of the snack bar (like the BBQ or taco meat) really helped.

3.  Yearbook Sales Associate - I did this after teaching for 5 years.  I had enough of the students and wanted something different.  My yearbook rep at the time was looking to hire an assistant and I got the job.  I traveled to about 35 schools in the Panhandle and helped them in the creation of their yearbooks.  I designed covers, pages, installed printers, etc.  I developed a lot of my technology skills through this job.  I did this job for five years until I had to return to teaching in order to get health insurance and benefits after getting divorced.

No comments: