Saturday, July 06, 2019

Daily 3 - Places I've lived

I've lived in San Antonio for almost 8 years now.  I bought my current house almost 7 years ago for $139,000.  I'm currently working on my case for protesting my property tax appraisal.  They are estimating it is worth over $192,000 or around $81 per square foot.  That would be great if it were in truly sellable condition, but it's not.  I bought it as a foreclosure and my pets have since ruined the carpet and my fence is falling down.  After comparing other properties in the area, I think I'll be able to get it down significantly, at least I hope.  My hearing is on Monday morning and this time I'm going in better prepared.  Last time, they agreed that they overestimated my property value and reduced it by $10,000 without argument.  This time, I'm going to argue my case and have pictures supporting it. 

Today's daily three will focus on three places I've lived in my life:

1.  Perryton, TX - This is where I was born in 1969 and lived until I was 5.  We moved after my kindergarten year.

2.  Amarillo, TX - We lived here (but in 5 different places) from 1975 until I left for college in 1988. 

3.  Canyon, TX -  I lived here pretty much from the time I went to college in 1988 until I moved to San Antonio in 2011.  I lived in the dorm, 4 rental houses, and 2 owned houses (one that I lost to foreclosure after getting divorced in 2004). 


No comments: