Monday, July 01, 2019

Daily 3 - Things You Don't See Much Any More

So today was our last day of travel and it feels really good to be home other than the fact that I'm either getting a cold or my allergies have been unleashed.  We had an 8 hour drive today but I'm thankful to see my pets and to sleep in my own bed tonight.  Today's daily three are those things you don't see much of anymore when traveling.

1.  Stuckey's - these roadside convenience stores used to be everywhere.  Now they are few and far between.  I only saw two of them on our 3500 mile road trip.

2.  Gulf Stations - Maybe these are more prevalent in other areas, but I can't say that I've seen any in Texas in a long while and only saw two on our trip.

3.  Volkswagon Beetles - Remember the Slug Bug game?  You hit your friend in the car when you were the first to see a VW Beetle?  If your friend was a jerk, they made sure to hit you as hard as they can?  I think I only saw one of these (and it was one of the newer models) on our trip. 

No comments: