Friday, October 08, 2004

Confirmed Bad News

Marty talked to his commander today. Wasn't the news I was hoping for. We were thinking perhaps the non-recommendation was due to a personality conflict with the chief, but I guess there were others involved that felt that Marty needed more experience in a supervisory role. Because of that, he can't be considered for the Boise City job. So what is left is either a year of isolated duty and then who knows what when he gets out in 2006. Or some place like Michigan for at least 4 years which is almost just as bad as Connecticut. Only good thing about Michigan would be that I could go see my friends Cristal and Matt once in a while when I could go see Marty. But he's most likely going to take the isolated duty if he gets it. Which would suck, but I suppose we'll manage.
I've still been considering God, religion, church and the like. It's all been permeating my thoughts really. Which is surprising. I have now read 4 Catholic books. I have 2 more books on general protestant religions to start on. But I really think deep down that the Catholic church is the true church. The question is am I ready and willing to take the plunge into it? I'm not at this moment, but probably sometime in the future. With Marty leaving to be in the middle of absolute nowhere, perhaps it's the right time to consider it.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Is Marty in the service and is he going where I think he's going?