Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Getting Excited

It's less than a week until I fly to Connecticut to see Marty. I am so ready to see him. I've never been to Connecticut and can't wait to see it. The closest I've been on the East coast is Washington D.C. and that was in 9th grade. We have plans to go to Six Flags New England while we're there so that means rollercoasters!!!! I hope the weather is cooperative. Marty is supposed to make other plans and I'm going to leave it up to him. I'm also going to get to go to lunch with the editor of Prison Pete's blog. Suffice to say he works in the vincinity and I figure it would be cool to meet him. We kind of struck up and email friendship aside from the blog.
I wasn't very clear on the news about Marty's relocation. It looks like he's going to head to Alaska for a year. Without his recommendation he was only left with four choices. Two isolated duties in Alaska for a year and then he can get a priority one when he gets out. Or he could go to either upper Michigan or Wisconsin for four years. If he goes to Alaska for a year, there's a possibility of getting to Las Cruces, NM after that. That would be about 5 hours away which is much better than Michigan or Wisconsin. But even that is only a maybe with the way things go in the military. But I'm going to hope for the best and get through it the best I can.

1 comment:

Summer said...

That is just so cool that you get to meet Pete's editor. Because of Pete's page I found your blog. Have a wonderful time while you're gone. I'll be thinking of you!