Thursday, October 21, 2004

This Little Piggy Cried Ouch

I think I broke my toe. It really hurts. It's the middle toe on the left foot. It's bruised and swollen on the bottom. It was the kind of pain that brought tears to my eyes when it happened. All because of a hair dryer. You wouldn't think something like that could cause that type of damage, but I assure you it can. I was not going to go into great detail of the circumstances, but Marty felt it was necessary to tell it like it was. I was getting ready this morning doing my hair wearing only my jeans and a black lacy bra. Marty felt the need to uh, distract me and try to undo my bra. In the course of these events, the hair dryer that was sitting on the sink took the plunge on my toe. It was more of an accident than truly Marty's fault. I usually enjoy such a distraction, but today was a different reaction to it. But of course I can take the opportunity to milk it for what it's worth. He does feel really bad about it, but I'll survive and I'm not limping as bad as I was earlier.
Other than the toe fiasco, things are going pretty well. We went to Mystic Seaport yesterday which was very interesting. Today was dinner with his ex-wife, his girls and his ex's boyfriend. It wasn't as weird as you might think it would be. We're going to the aquarium tomorrow. To the movies on Saturday (Shark Tale with the girls) and who knows what on Sunday. Unfortunately I have to head home on Monday and I'm not sure when I'll get to see Marty again. But am going to remain hopeful that at least I'll see him sometime during the Christmas break.

No comments: