Sunday, October 03, 2004

Weekly Bit

I didn't like the Sunday Brunch questions this week so I'm doing this one instead.

A Bit of Random Questions for the week of Oct 3...enjoy!

1. What is your favorite thing about fall? Is it the weather? Halloween? Daylight Savings Time. I like getting my hour back. Weather is nice too. I used to love to dress up on Halloween. When I was in college we'd have a band halloween party every year and one year I won first place for dressing up like a clarinet.

2. Do you have any pets? Yes. 4 cats and 2 dogs. (Lucy, Tux, Charlie, Tico, Max and Roo)

3. What is your favorite comfort food? Chicken soup, chocolate cake...etc... Oreos and Milk (that's really the only time I drink milk). Chili (no beans) and Rice are great on cold yucky days. Spaghetti with meatsauce is my all-time favorite food though.

4. Do you work? Full time? Part time? Do you like what you do or are you looking for something else? I work full-time as a yearbook associate. (What does that mean?) I travel to schools in the area and service them in relation to creating their yearbooks. I troubleshoot computer issues, help them with planning their book and design mostly. I like my job as it's very flexible and I set my own schedule. It's a lot of driving. (I put 35,000 miles a year on my car) I travel about an hour and 15 minutes to my farthest location and then generally try to hit schools in the same area when I travel. My job can be frustrating dealing with advisers that are never happy and that can't be pleased, unorganized advisers that never meet deadlines and then want their book to ship on time, etc. I'm not necessarily looking for another job at the moment, but I always keep my eyes open. I don't have insurance with this job so that's a major drawback. On the other hand, I'd have a hard time going back to the real world and working summers. I definitely don't want to go back to teaching.

5. What is your favorite hobby? Riding rollercoasters. I also like to read, play games, watch t.v., sleep.

6. Who is your favorite author? What is your favorite book? Favorite authors are Janet Evanovich and Sue Grafton. My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

7. Recommend a good movie. Mmmmm that's a difficult one. I haven't see much in the way of new movies recently but some really good movies in general are The Shawshank Redemption and As Good As It Gets.

8. Do you consider yourself a wild child or are you calm and collected? I'm really a bit of both. I have a wild bad girl streak that is hidden to most people. In general I'm pretty calm and collected as long as things are generally that way as well. When I get upset though, hell hath no fury. But that's rare.

9. What is your greatest accomplishment? My son. He's a great kid. Also, graduating college magna cum laude while being a single parent.

10. Finish this sentence...I have never been to Europe or jumped out of an airplane.


No comments: