Thursday, October 14, 2004

Stretching the Limits

Well, I've almost kept my promise on going to my workout classes regularly. I've missed twice. Once when my sister was in town and we went out to eat instead and then last week when I got the news about Marty not getting his recommendation. I've gone both days this week and I'm noticing that all the stretching we do is making some progress. I've noticed that I can go a little deeper than I have in the past. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to do the splits. On the other hand, I've also noticed how bad my knees are. I guess carrying around the extra weight is taking it's toll. That and age probably.
Unfortunately the weight isn't dropping at the moment. As a matter of fact it was up 3 pounds this morning. But my clothes don't feel tighter. So I'm really hoping it's because I'm building muscle and still losing fat. I would really like to be down a size by Christmas.
I've decided to try and drink more water. My goal is to have 64 ounces of water a day. Right now I'm almost finished with 44 oz. (But I started this afternoon) I guess we'll see how it goes.
I know I can't diet. I'm much too picky of an eater so I'm going to just try not to over eat, drink more water, and go to my workout classs. Unfortunately I'm going to miss three classes while I'm gone to Connecticut. I'll try to make up for it though.


No comments: