Friday, October 29, 2004

Same Ol'

I really should update my blog on a daily basis, but honestly my life isn't really that interesting at the moment. On the upside, I won a new account today. My boss was very happy about that.
Things with Marty are the same... struggling with the long-distance thing, but things are good none-the-less. He's read my blog and knows of my frustrations.
I'm still investigating Catholicism. I'm on my 7th or 8th book on the subject. I think there's no doubt that if I do take the leap to get involved with church again, it will, indeed, be the Catholic church. But it's the matter of actually jumping in and making the decision to do it. That decision in itself could affect my relationship with Marty in either a good or bad way depending on what direction he decides to go with his spiritual life. The thing is that if I do it, I will do it whole-heartedly. I'm not sure that Marty would be able to handle that.
I'm still trying to figure out the health insurance issue. Have kind of put that on hold for the moment and just hoping Josh and I don't get sick. I know we've been pushing our luck for a while.
I keep having random dreams about my mom. For those of you that don't know this, my mother passed away last year after battling lung cancer. It's very strange to dream about her as she is very much real and alive in my dreams. Last night was unusual because I dreamed about her when she was much younger. The way I knew her as a child. My mother and I were never what you'd call close. Nor were we at odds. She was just my mother. Not my friend. I know I have regret over that, but our family dynamic was not what you'd call open and loving. We didn't say we loved each other, nor did we hug. Outside of my family I do have loving relationships with my friends and with Marty. Sometimes it would seem as though I live a double life.

No comments: