Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Although I am quite fond of rum, I have to vote hot chocolate on this one.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped - unless it's really big and then I hide it and make them find it.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? what would be the point? No date in over a year, no single males coming through my door...
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I loved it when my mom made her homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Probably the year I got a jam box and the Olivia Newton John "Physical" album for Christmas.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 2nd grade. I realized that Santa's presents were wrapped in the same wrapping paper as all the other non-Santa presents.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, that was the rule... one gift on Christmas Eve... but now I get so few gifts I just wait until Christmas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? what tree? I didn't put one up this year.... but when I do, I have lights and all the ornaments (except for a few) are music-related.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like the look of it and if I have no place to go it's fine, but I hate when I have to get out and drive in it.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? that we are celebrating the birth of Christ and it's a time to spend with family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I don't have any particular favorite dessert associated with Christmas
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? turkey dinner with all the trimmings
17. What tops your tree? an angel holding a harp (music themed of course)
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? mostly giving, but I certainly don't mind getting gifts. When you get older, the less you get it seems... but I LOVE to give and I often try to make something special for others
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? What Child is This?
20. Candy canes: sure, why not.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story. I am afraid to admit this... but I have never actually seen "It's a Wonderful Life". I've seen parts of it and know what it's about, but I've really never watched it.

No comments: