Sunday, September 26, 2004

Sunday Brunch

Flowers
"Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day - like writing a poem, or saying a prayer." -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

1) If you had a wedding, what flowers did you have at your wedding? I did all my own flowers at the wedding. (Hobby Lobby had them 50% off). My bouquet was white poinsettias with a mix of blue roses and other white flowers. Was very pretty if I say so myself.
2) What is your favorite flower? I like roses because they smell wonderful. But I also like a mixed boquet of different flowers and colors from time to time.
3) Do you have flowers as part of your landscaping outside or your interior decor? Not really. I'd like to plant flowers some time, but I never seem to be able to find it. Hopefully next spring I plan to clear out this space next to my driveway and another in front of the house where my aunt used to have flowers planted (when she lived here) and I'm going to try my green thumb again. Inside, I don't have much except for a wall hanging thing my aunt made for me and a display in the living room. Sometimes when I'm at Walmart, I buy myself a bouquet just because.
4) If you went to your high school prom(s), what kind of flower did you wear in your corsage or boutonniere? My date (the one that dumped me the day after... no, I'm not still bitter..) gave me an orchid to wear at my prom.
5) Do you like to receive flowers as a gift or do you think it is a waste of money? I love to receive flowers. Especially if it's a surprise and it's not because my significant other is in the doghouse. It's nice to get them just because or to be cheered up. I don't think it's a waste of money if it comes from the heart and not from guilt. By the way... Marty has yet to send me flowers. Hmmmmm.

No comments: