Saturday, April 05, 2008

Cleaning - Believe it or not

I decided that I had to do something. I got a later start than I originally intended, but I've been working on my bedroom this afternoon. I've put up a couple of baskets worth of clothes and I won't even mention how much I've thrown into the laundry pile. I'd take a picture, but I would be too embarrassed to post it. Let's just say it's a small mountain. But there is a path all around my bed now. I cleaned off my dresser and other surfaces in my room. My shoes are in the closet (not sorted yet) but at least they are not all over the floor. If I ever get married again, my new husband will have to simply accept the fact that generally my shoes come off wherever I happen to be and there will be numerous pairs scattered throughout the house at any given time. Only when I get in a cleaning fix do they make it into the closet.

My dad is supposed to be coming next week. He's not sure whether or not he'll be bringing his motor home so he may be staying with me. I need to spend some time getting the spare bedroom clean. The dogs have taken it over as their room and I need to clean it up a bit. I also want to get my craft space cleaned up again. I got the beads for Andrew's rosary, I just don't have a space to make it right now. It's weird. I'm great at organizing but I never stay very organized.

It was wonderful to sleep in this morning. I actually did get up before 10:00. I spent time working on the reunion website. Then I listened to and downloaded songs for my mp3 player. I think I'm going to try to go to the early service at church tomorrow so that I can spend some more time cleaning before going to the orchestra concert. I can't wait to hear Josh's music that he arranged for the orchestra. He wrote and arranged the wind parts to the two songs that they are playing. Oh, his play is going on to regionals next week. They might just make it to state again.

Well, I guess I should get back to cleaning. It's time to pull the vacuum cleaner out.

No comments: