Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Home again home again

It was a quiet and long drive today. Thankfully, I did it in 8 1/2 hours instead of 9. I did get pulled over by a DPS officer today, but not for speeding. He pulled me over because he thought the tinted windows on the car was too dark. He checked them and said that they were o.k. We left Austin at 8:30 this morning and got back to Hereford shortly after 5:00. I got home by 5:45 and relaxed for a few minutes before leaving to pick up dinner. No way was I going to cook tonight. I picked up Sonic and got a grilled chicken wrap and small tator tots. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. It is so hard to get caught up after having a sub. But on the bright side, there's only 6 more weeks left. Also, I won't have to be here for three days of TAKS testing. Of course that means I'll be driving BACK to Austin. Ugh. I'm tired of driving already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Good to see that it was an uneventful drive.

Leann said...

It's nice to hear you had a safe and faster than usual trip home. Now relax!!

Susanlee said...

Wait, you were stopped specifically for window tint? The guy clearly thought you were a teenager or drug dealer. I'm sure he was sorely disappointed (or perhaps pleasantly surprised) to find a cute girl in the front seat instead...