Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here in Sweetwater

I enjoyed bathroom duty today. It was easy to just sit for two hours and grade papers and then read. After my duty was up, I went to pick up the purchase order and then mailed the registration packet for Nationals. It cost $36 to overnight it, but I'll get reimbursed from our team money. Our plane tickets are purchased so we are good to go! Now it's still a matter of getting the money from Josh's school. That is still up in the air.

I was disappointed that many of my students were not ready to give their speeches today. But I guess that is par for the course. We left for our trip right after school was out and we stopped at my house to drop my car off. We're now in Sweetwater for the night. We were lucky to get the rooms we have as the hotels here are sold out because of the goings on with the FLDS in Eldorado which is about 70 miles away. We'll get into Austin around 2:00 tomorrow. We will register and then go to a speech meeting that evening. On Friday the competition isn't until noon which will be nice.

Well, I'm going to cut this short and go to bed. I'll report again from Austin tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I'd have thought that whole FLDS crap had died down by now. But I guess there's still the whole legal proceedings to be dealt with. Hope you're visit to Austin is productive!! Keep us updated on the whole June in Vegas thing. I'm serious about coming down.