Saturday, July 05, 2008

Bet you thought you wouldn't hear from me...

At least until sometime tomorrow. The reunion is going on. I should be taking a nap right now as I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night. No reason other than reunion stuff going through my head for several hours.
So here's a brief recap for now:
Many people have come up to me and said "thank you" for all the work I've done on the reunion. They seem to be very impressed with the website and the books. I've been very flattered by it all. And many of these are people that wouldn't have given me the time of day in high school.
Marty came in yesterday morning and picked me up and we went to the Donut Stop and got donuts. We then went to the registration table and shared the donuts and he got his shirt and stuff. We sat around there for a while visiting with people that came to register. Around 9:30 we left to go the parade waiting area. We visited with people that came to participate for an hour until it was time to do the parade. We walked the entire mile or so route throwing candy and waving and such.
Josh came and picked us up afterwards and took us back to the hotel to Marty's truck. Marty and I then headed to Amarillo to get an ink cartridge for my printer and then we ate lunch at Applebee's. (He paid)
We then went to Walmart to get a few more things and stopped by a liquor store to get some rum. Afterwards we came back here and just sat for a while in front of the t.v. and I think we both dozed with about a 20 minute cat nap. Shortly thereafter it was time to go set up for the mixer. We went there and Marty helped with the set up. A lot of people showed up and again thanked me for the all the work. We left at 9:00 and came over here to watch fireworks. A few friends from high school came over and we visited a while before the show started at 10:00.
Afterwards we visited more and I didn't go to bed until about 12:30 and I didn't fall asleep until about 3:30.
It's been interesting to have Marty here. I'd be lying if I said some feelings weren't going on. I don't think it is just on my part either. He's been a little flirtatious and touchy. Last night before he left we hugged and he gave me an awkward kiss on the forehead. I told him I had missed him and he said that he had missed me too. And then he left to go back to Hereford. We hung out together at the picnic today and will be going up to the banquet together tonight. That's all I'm going to say at this point and will update more later. How's that for a teaser?

1 comment:

Billy said...

How's that for a teaser? I can't believe no one else has commented here! What the hey? More details please...