Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Great Day

I couldn't have asked for more. I know some of you are dying for details so here goes. Marty got here about 1:00. I took him to the museum since he hadn't been there since high school. We spent about an hour and a half there. We held hands and touched as we went through the exhibits. He was hungry afterwards so we went to Feldman's to eat. We were there 10 minutes before anyone came to wait on us. I have never received that kind of service there so hopefully it was a fluke. Marty had the chicken fried steak and I had an oriental salad that came with way too much dressing. From there we went to the park and walked around the pond a few times and just visited. After than I took him to my church so he could see the new building. We went in and walked around and I pointed out things to him. I told him he could go to confession if he wanted, but he declined. After that we went to Sonic to get drinks and then we talked about where we were. He said that he still had feelings for me but he didn't want to be in a long distance relationship again. I got more of the whys behind our breakup from him which I understood. I told him that things will work out the way they're supposed to happen and that I just wanted our friendship back and to communicate again. He also said that I sounded like his mother and that she thought that we should get back together. After that we came back to the house because he was tired and wanted to take a nap. Well, I can't say that he took a nap. We cuddled and kissed instead. I really missed that. I have to say it was very, very hard to not go further and Marty didn't play nice. But being the good Catholic girl that I am we didn't venture into that territory... at least not too far.
Then we went to the movies and saw Hancock. It was a good movie and we held hands throughout the movie. After that we went to Johnny Carinos and had dinner. We just got back about 30 minutes ago and he just left about 15 minutes ago. I kissed him good-bye and hugged and told him to call once in a while and when he's online to say "hi". So that's where it is. We're not back together but I'm hopefully and cautiously optimistic. I still care about him. The feelings are still there on both our parts, we just have to take it one step at a time. If it works out for us, that would be great, but if not, I can deal with that as well. I had a great day with him. I have missed the laughing and just his friendship. Certainly the holding hands and kissing is wonderful as well, but I just miss him. Today it was like we had never been apart and stepped right into where we had once been. We talked about the issues we had last time - both us getting right out of our marriages and the distance issues among other things. I told him that I don't regret the time with him, but it wasn't necessarily great timing for us - even though some great things came out of it. We talked about Church and he's not ready to really go there yet, but he is giving it thought. He knows that for me it will be a big part of me and it is something he has to accept and respect which he does. I'm in a better place now and if it's meant to be it will happen. Could I get hurt again? Sure - but I've decided sometimes it's worth the risk.


abbagirl74 said...

YAY! What a great night! Sounds like so much fun and I am so very happy for you. I hope it all works out, you deserve the very best.

Anonymous said...

HA! My best wishes, hope it goes all well.

Leann said...

I am happy that you are happy! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and are staying grounded in the reality of it all. I truly hope it works out for you. I so understand the "missing the kissing and hugging" thing. Shame on Marty for not playing nice :-)