Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Need to make a decision

I still haven't made the decision regarding grad school next year. I still want to get my master's degree but I'm worried about having the time to do it... but at the same time, there won't be much difference in me doing it this next year versus waiting another year. I either need to bite the bullet or not. If I accept the financial aid package, I have to go forward and take at least six hours each semester. A part of me thinks that since I've already gone to the trouble to do what it takes to get accepted that I should just jump in. If I don't, I may never get around to it. However, time will be a major issue next year. I will be in charge of the speech team, the yearbook, UIL coordinator, and a department head. Thankfully I'll get several stipends to go along with those, but my time will be limited. But if I can get rid of my comm. app. classes, I may be able to manage. I just don't know yet. I'm going to make a decision by tomorrow.
Today I slept in and didn't do much. I took my cousin to Taco Villa today. It's one of her favorite places to eat and she doesn't get to go there except when she visits as she lives in San Diego. We got back and I went to pay the rest of Josh's band camp fees. Somehow I thought it was less than it actually was. I'm going to have to do some creative budget balancing the rest of the month. Thankfully Josh will pay for his own extra stuff this time... lessons and the Wonderland trip.
Tonight I'm going to sit in my chair and do some reading and just take it easy.

1 comment:

abbagirl74 said...

Well, it's after Wednesday. Have you made a decision? When faced with a decision like this, I always weigh out the pros and cons. Then I look at work/life balance. If it affects the time with my family, it's a no-go. You have a tough decision to make, but I know it will be the right one. Let us know.

Hey... I am caught up now!