Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eye-opening

Now that I'm actually counting calories and reading labels at the grocery store I am amazed. It does suck having to watch everything I eat, but I think that this process will be good in general. I think it is important for me to have a general clue as to how many calories are in foods. Then once I meet my goal I can maintain better. When you snack and eat in general with no mind to what you're eating, it is easy to overindulge.
I have never been a breakfast eater. I didn't want to take the time to eat. But for the past week, I've had cereal every day. I think it helps. I don't know if it is really true that it jump starts one's metabolism, but I think it does keep me from overeating at lunch. I still haven't had a coke. I can't stand regular diet coke. I might try a coke zero and see if I can tolerate it.

The new season of American Idol started tonight. Not that I really need to be watching t.v. But Chuck was on last night and I used my DVR to record it. I caught American Idol tonight but will probably have to use the DVR more. I was really tired this morning. I need to make sure I get to bed earlier I guess.

It's really nice having a clean house though. (Except my bedroom is still quite the disaster area - and Mago, I'm already at the point where I can't get around stuff in my room.) I'll try to get it cleaned this week before hell week starts next week.

Well, I'm going to tune back into American Idol, play a couple of games of boggle and call it an early night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boggle?

Rebecca said...

Coke Zero is way better than diet coke. Cherry coke zero is even better. But the best, most non-diet tasting diet soda is Diet Dr. Pepper. I have an unfortunate addiction to that stuff.