Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How Embarrassing

Made it Austin without incident.  Plane leaving was delayed 20 minutes, but got in only about 5 minutes behind schedule.  Got my car and headed to San Antonio for the interview.  Interview was late because one of the interviewers was running late.  I thought the interview went ok.  I’m sure I could have answered some questions better than I did, but perhaps it will be enough to get me recommended for further interviews at schools.  Then the embarrassing part:  I guess my foot had fallen asleep while I was sitting there because I got up and my right foot just went out and I couldn’t support my leg and I fell on my knee.  I managed to get up and shake my foot to get some blood circulating in there and managed to wobble out after apologizing.  Maybe they will feel sorry for me and let me get to the next level.  The problem, however, is that the school principals are all on their “vacation” time right now and won’t be back to work until mid-July.  Since I signed my contract with my district, if I wanted out of it without it having to get board approval, I have to resign before a certain date – which is usually mid-July.  The other issue is that if I don’t even interview until then, I would have less than a month to find a place to live, move, and then get someone to rent my place. 

I had to drive in rush hour traffic in both San Antonio and Austin.  That is one thing I really don’t want to deal with, but might have to if I did get an offer.  Made it to the hotel and then we went and had snow cones at my uncle’s nephew’s stand and then had dinner at Cheddars.  I ordered the fish tacos and they were really good. 

Tomorrow Josh and I are going to Sea World.  It should be a fun trip.  We will head down around 8:30 and leave around 2:00.  My cousin is coming in tomorrow so it will be good to spend time with her.

Well, I better get to bed as it will be a long busy day tomorrow.  The thing about vacations is that you really don’t get to “rest” most of the time.

1 comment:

Patti said...

A long time ago (when I was a kid) there was a man in my church with a history of heart problems. One day in the middle of church, he stood up to quietly slip out, and dropped right to the ground. Everyone thought he had had another heart attack, but turns out - his leg was asleep.

LOL