Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The interview

Overall I thought the interview went well.  There were no surprising/stumping questions.  I felt like I had good energy and enthusiasm.  I actually knew one of the interviewers – it was a guy I had some speech classes with in college.  He nodded a lot during the interview, so I hope that is a good sign.  I think of the four people that did the interview, the English teacher was probably the most difficult to impress.  Now for the bad news.  They are interviewing a total of eight people.  I’m guessing several of them will have more experience than I do.  But I did mention that despite my experience that my enthusiasm and need to prove myself should allow me to be a successful librarian.  So we’ll see.  I think if the principal bases the decision on the interview alone and does not specifically talk to those who work at the school and know me, then I probably won’t get it.  I think that if he considered the opinion of the counselor and teacher that I know, it could work in my favor.  So it is just up in the air at the moment.  Before I go to bed tonight, I’m going to try to get a thank you letter written to each of the people that interviewed me. 

I got a call from the district where I interviewed last week and was not surprised that I didn’t make the cut for the next round of interviews.  But I also got a call from San Antonio and they want me to put my principal down as a reference and I’m not sure how I feel about that.  They also want my evaluations from the last three years.  I didn’t actually talk to the district – they left a message so I have to decide how interested I am in getting an interview there.  I have to consider if I would really want to move there and if I want to invest in a trip down there to interview. 

So I think I’m going to try to work on those letters and call it a night soon.  Tomorrow after school I have to do lunch duty for 30 minutes.  What fun! 

No comments: